Following an Executive Session on December 16, 2014, Mayor & Council publicly announced approval of the 13-member Selection Committee’s recommendation that two firms be invited to continue to Phase II.
The Phase II Request for Proposal, to be released in February 2014, will require among other things a detailed design concept for a mixed-use development with transit to be located on the 4.7-acre downtown site.
Additional Project Information
- Successful Launch of New Modern Streetcar Media Coverage
- 2014 Incentive-Based Development Study, 2014, Downtown Tucson Partnership
Offers pro formas for prototype mixed-use developments using available incentive modeling.
- 2014 Downtown Investment Study, Downtown Tucson Partnership
Provides information on private and public development activity in the area.
- Construction Methods for Soil Conditions (pdf)
- Downtown Grocery Store to Open December, 2014 Across the Street from Site
- New AC Marriot Hotel to be Built One Block from Site
Project Background Information
- Project flyer (pdf)
- Phase I documents and amendments (City of Tucson Procurement)
- Federal Transit Administration
- Public Participation
- Relevant Plans & Initiatives
- Existing Zoning (Office Commercial Residential - 2)
- Ronstadt Transit Center Photos
- Ronstadt Transit Center Improvements, Project Update, 2014
- Environmental Reports
- RTC Meeting Summaries